Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rainy Day iPhone






It took me a long time to get onboard with the whole iPhone thing. I purchase my first iPhone, the 3G, earlier this year and have been happy with it, despite not really ever wanting to give up my "flip phone." There was, after all, that whole Star Trek thing going on. That and making out with green aliens, but that's another story, for another time, for another universe.

Whew...anyway...it's been sort of raining here in Southern California for the last few days. I say sort of because I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and my mother would chase me outside on days like this. Nonetheless, I do find myself intrigued by happy memories of playing in the rain and the sort of freshness the rain seems to bring with it. I took a break earlier today, grab my trusty iPhone and went on a short "photo safari" in the rain. I think the camera holds up remarkable well given what it is...or isn't. I couldn't resist adding this review I read regarding the iPhone 3G camera.

 “For a product as on the cutting edge as the iPhone, its built-in camera is an embarrassment. Like the   camera on the original iPhone, it’s got a basic two-megapixel resolution, doesn’t zoom, has no flash, doesn’t work well in low light, and doesn’t take videos. With still subjects in well-lit areas it produces nice results. In terms of quality, the consumer point-and-shoot digital camera I bought seven years ago still blows it away, and most of the iPhone’s smart phone competitors offer better cameras as well.” Jason Snell, Macworld.com 
Well, all I can say about that is, "Jason! Shut the heck up and buy a camera."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pakistan said...

nice pictures