Thursday, October 23, 2008

Healing Music



Day 23 - Photo 23. Standing at the end of a darkened street Al B. Wells plays to heal. Al was a family therapist. But quit his job one day. "I saw that music healed people in a way that talking never did." I watch the passing people who move with Al's music. Some stop, if only for a moment and dance, others stay longer. "Sometimes I play for the elderly and in the assisted living homes." Al said. "The joy that comes to the faces of the residents is beyond explanation." Al believes that God has given him his talent to remind others of the power of love.

A group of nearby teens challenged each other to a "dance off." Al was working his therapy. His sign states, "Allow me to provide beautiful music for your special event." I wonder if he means our lives.

No comments: