Monday, December 15, 2008

Changing Course...of Course

Somewhere along the way the whole "Day #this - Photo #that," became bigger then me. It was driving me to create a photo everyday for the wrong reason. I discovered I was creating a photo on day...oh, I don't know...let's say on day sixty-two because I found myself thinking...

"Geez, look at the time! I gotta get out there and make a photo! Here it is Day 62 and where the hell am I gonna find Photo 62? Wrong, wrong, wrong...Rick. That's not why we're doing this."

When I talk to myself, I find it's easier to use the maudlin self-important "Imperial We." That way I don't have to take the fall all by myself. But, I digress. Nevertheless, here I am with day sixty-three (or there about) staring me down. And as is my modus operandi, I push on, believing it'd work itself out. It did not. And so I find that it, the journey, the spiritual photographic journey, once again has challenged me to change course...again.

I took the weekend off to sort through the mental process, still shooting photos, but asking myself what I wanted to do. The answer is still the same, though the process and the result of what I do here and how it is posted may look different. I still want to shoot photos and tell stories and share them here. So, here we go, me and you (who ever you might be), not the maudlin self-important Imperial We.

No comments: