Saturday, March 14, 2009

Do Not Pass Go!


I have played the game of Monopoly for as long as I can remember. And I'd like to think it taught me a thing or two. When the economy sucks, it's okay to spend a little time in jail and never pay more for property then you can afford...unless of course it screws up someone else's monopoly.

The guy in the photo above is Matt McNally. Matt is the reigning National Monopoly champion and he's pondering the logic behind the move of a 10-year-old opponent. He ultimately ruled the day winning the three game, day long tournament. He's set to defend his title this April in Washington D.C. and if successful, move on to the World Championships in Las Vegas set for October.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my favorite game piece is the dog. And favorite property is the green, e.g., Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Pacific Avenues.

2 comments:

Catcher Of Light Rays said...

My son Jon and I play from time to time, we never seem to finish a game, it just gets put away at bedtime.

Boardwalk seems to be his most coveted piece of real estate. Me, I'm a low-rent kinda guy, and would rather own several less expensive properties.

Thanks for your continued comments on my blog, http://catcheroflightrays.blogspot.com

toni said...

Hunter is a Monopoly zealot. We must play by the official rules, which actually shorten the game, and the whole affair is quite serious.
Hunter has Monopoly strategy books and trivia books.
Doug always wins.