Monday, January 31, 2011

App...solution




I wish I'd thought of the title. My editor thought it up. When I showed him the photo he said, "I don't get it." And once I explained the story, he gave me the headline.

So again with the photo illustration! It's always good to have an opportunity to stretch your  photographic legs. And the idea of shooting a photo illustration about a phone app that gives you the chance to confess your sins was certainly appealing. Check the link here to read the story.

There was minimal photoshop-ing applied. I guess I'm sort of a dinosaur in that respect. We (newspaper photographers) use to shoot a good number of photo illustrations, and when we were doing it, we usually had to accomplish it, all of it, in the studio. The only thing that was photoshop-ed here is the screen on the iPhone.

I'm not sure how well it came off, other than the model portraying the priest got a call from his girlfriend the morning the story published. "Are those your lips in the photo?"

No comments: