Monday, October 20, 2008

Chasing the Elusive Light

Day 20 - Photo 20. The world is a chaotic place. According to me anyway. And today I felt the OCD monster creep over me as I looked at the photo I'd just shot.

I fussed over the nature of the huge letter R. It bothered me that it wasn't sans sarif, as in, a typeface that doesn't have the small features called "serifs" at the end of strokes. The man walking through the frame is just ahead of where I really wanted him. And the shaft of light is broken. And as I write this, I 'm really okay. With all of it. I'm remembering the reason I set out on this project, was the journey.

They'll always be those dangling little details. People are seldom where I want them to be and the light will always be elusive.

I am not certain I'd want my life any other way. It's not really that chaotic. People really are right where they're suppose to be when you need them, chasing the light gives me purpose.

And a wise woman once told me to "shut up and breath," and those little details will sort themselves out.

No comments: