Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Five Miles High

I love the opportunity to have nothing to do. And it doesn't matter where I'm doing it...or not doing it. Such was the case today. Two flights, one lay-over, and an afternoon in a clean room with a large plasma screen watching cartoons.

All in all it was a good opportunity to enjoy a little down time and get my head right.

It's been a while since I flew aboard a commercial airliner and it was empty. Really! I was amazed. I asked one of the flight attendants if this was unusual. She said it was somewhat unusual. I quickly took advantage. I had two entire rows to myself. I got to flip the armrests up and down, move from seat to seat, buckle, unbuckle, recline the seat, play with the seat tray, listen to the iPod, eat stale snacks and drink really cheap bad tasting really hot coffee. The airlines made up for this on the next flight. I was crammed against the window next to a 6'3" 275 pound man that looked like Grizzly Adams. He was a nice enough guy. "You got enough room over there little guy?" At least he offered me one of the arm rests.

All in all it was a good opportunity to enjoy a little down time and get my head right.

I always wonder why people shoot out the window of airplanes. Not much to see. I kind of avoid looking out the window because sometimes the wing bounces up and down and it freaks me out. Not really all that unusually for the wing to bounce, a little, but just the same it freaks me out. Okay...so I made I photo of it. It wasn't bouncing today, not even a little bit.

All in all it was a good opportunity to enjoy a little down time and get my head right.

No comments: