Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trouble in Paradise

I'm going to defend myself straight away and claim "operator error." And contradict an earlier posting where I claim to be 10% smarter than the equipment I'm operating. So, here it goes!

I made this photo yesterday on the way out of the office. I always think of photographer Eric Meola's vibrantly red Kodachrome images when I see anything with red in it. I pulled out my trusty and ever present Nikon D70 companion and fired off...two frames. And the display blinked, FUL...FUL...FUL. I had just deleted images off the card and reformatted it, which I've done before, to the very same card. And then right there on the spot, deleted the two images, reformatted and fired off two more frames and got FUL...FUL...FUL. Chimping off the screen on the back of the camera and decidedly happy to have two frames, I went home and drank wine instead of figuring out the problem.

This morning after downloading my two Meola knockoffs I replaced the card in the camera and tried again. One..two..FUL...FUL...FUL. I tried another card and the display told me I had more than 800 frames to go. I need to do a little research and figure out what's happening. I'll get back to you...to be continued.

No comments: